Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Jan LokPal Bill

Jan Lokpal Bill, as some other bills have created a new stir in the country... I am not aware of earlier bills which created such a big following and with such an international attention. Honestly, till now, I am not aware of what is happening with the bill and what is the key points in this bill. But I sure know a few things:
- If I ask the participants of this rally / excited exhibitioners on the street - "what is it about?" The answer would be - "It is something about corruption and politicians". And then the topic will switch over to the corruption in the country!!!
- If I ask - "how do they plan to eliminate corruption?" answer would be - "hey dude, have you gone nuts to ask this question? This bill will eliminate corruption!!! That's what we are fighting for!!!"
- If I ask - "Why do you think the politicians behave this way? Why are they so corrupt? Who votes forthem?" and some other question which might require some thought generating process... I am sure that I should not expect any answers to these questions... instead I should be ready for comments like -
"You have gone mad"
"You do not respect what the old man is doing for the nation"
"You are a novice in world politics"
and so on and so forth!!!!!
But
Did I get any answer for this question - NO!!!! I don't think so...
Did I disrespect anyone - NO!!! I don't think so...
Did I intent to harm anyone - NO!!! I don't thins so...

What's wrong? I ASKED PEOPLE TO THINK....

I am not being idealistic... But participated in a few discussion in the luxurious comfort of my house or my friends house or in hotel or restuarants and discussed the topic of corruption. Some say that it is to do with population, others say that it is to do with education system, some others have the opinion that it is the way it is, few others would comment that we cannot do anything about this.. it is the Jan Lokpal bill which should drive this!!!

After which I say to myself.... if I get an opportunity right now to go to some place where I have to stand for 4 hours in a queue to submit a form and instead if I have to pay extra to an officer to escape the queue and save time... I might go for the later one and I am sure that most of us (who have the luxury to go to internet and read this blog), whould do this!!! Then I ask myself the following questions:
- What is the source for all this corruption? It is me and most of us, who has increased the market value of that officer, who knows that if he is less efficient, he can earn more. In return we are sure that things can be done if we offer some additonal favours to the officer. Even if bill ispassed, rules and regulations are in place and what not, if this deal is known only between the parties... then what? so the question is - WHAT IS THE BILL TO DO WITH THIS?
- what is the root cause? It is difficult to identify - is it the population or education or the peer pressure or is there something else? It is due to the population that we have such long queues, but we belong to this society, if you do not like the population, being rude and blunt I say (to myself) that make yourself capable enough to get out of this population? it is again to do with yuor capabilities where you would like to talk but when comes to act - no answer!!! The other factor is education - Most of us are well educated and we see lot of people around us who do not have the previledge to go to school - How many of us have taught these kind of people and if none - why? firstly, we personally do not want them to grow for the selfish reason - if they grow then our lives will not be as easier as it is right now - who will wash our dishes, who will clean our houses????
- If we want to blame the politicians - Where do they come from and why do they do this? I must say I was lucky enough to have born and bought up in a previledged environment... there were a lot of people around who who were not fortunate enough and I know a few of them as well. And from my limited exposure to this I believe that they are most of the times friends, acquintances, felloew or somehow related to those people who we refused to teach the basic education above? So it is not their fault if they do it, becuase when we - who have more responsiblity, being more previledged one - did not contribute.. God balanced the things...

As a conclusion, I would ask - how many of us have really tried instead of partipating in the rallies and discussing in the parties? Wherever there will be a human interaction, there will be some kind of exchange. However, I do like the internet transactions, but this cannot be implemented everywhere (for example, internet cannot instal a meter for you)!!!! But also we can introduce some new things where in the benefit goes to both - government and the public: We all know that there are lot of people in the country who are ready to pay more

Lot more things to say and discuss but if everyone starts thinking then do we need leaders OR will there be even tight competition for that spot? The question also remains open!!!!

No comments: